Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 7, 2017

As of Friday, February 3 all the planned treatment is over.  Eight infusions of cetuximab and thirty three radiotherapy treatments are completed.  The cumulative effects of seven weeks of treatment, especially the radiotherapy,  have taken their toll.  There's no discomfort by way of pain.  The chief but not only effect is lack of energy.

I've made a number of attempts over the last few days to write a post to this blog.  Not much luck. Things as simple as writing a coherent narrative take energy you don't quite have.  It's predicted I'll be in this state for another two weeks if I follow the typical pattern.  This coming weekend I'll make another attempt at posting.  In the meanwhile - I just take a step at a time and hold myself and others in my metta meditation..


No comments:

Post a Comment